This delicious treat is the perfect snack for anyone following a low-carb, ketogenic diet
Hi there, keto friends! I’m so excited to share with you one of my favorite keto snacks that I make all the time. These lemon and coconut fat bombs are so yummy and easy to make, you won’t believe it!
If you’re like me, you love having something sweet and satisfying to munch on when you’re feeling hungry or craving something delicious. But you also don’t want to ruin your ketosis or eat something that is full of sugar and carbs.
That’s why these fat bombs are perfect for you. They are made with only natural and keto-friendly ingredients that will keep you in ketosis and provide you with healthy fats and nutrients.
They have a wonderful lemon and coconut flavor that is so refreshing and satisfying. They remind me of summer and sunshine, which is always a good thing!
Here is what you will need:
- 8 Oz cream cheese (room temperature): This is the base of the fat bombs and gives them a creamy and smooth texture. Make sure it’s at room temperature so it’s easier to mix.
- 1/4 cup coconut oil: This is a great source of healthy fats that will help you stay in ketosis and boost your energy. It also helps the fat bombs hold their shape.
- 1/3 cup coconut flour: This is a low-carb and gluten-free flour that adds some fiber and texture to the fat bombs. It also helps absorb some of the moisture from the cream cheese and coconut oil.
- 3 tablespoons granular sweetener: This is what makes the fat bombs sweet without adding any sugar or carbs. You can use any keto-friendly sweetener you like, such as erythritol, monk fruit, or stevia.
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest: This is what gives the fat bombs their amazing lemon flavor. You can use a zester or a grater to get the zest from a fresh lemon. Make sure to wash the lemon well before zesting it.
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice: This adds some more lemon flavor and acidity to the fat bombs. It also helps balance out the sweetness of the sweetener. You can use fresh or bottled lemon juice, but I prefer fresh for the best flavor.
- 1 teaspoon vanilla: This adds some more flavor and aroma to the fat bombs. It also complements the lemon and coconut flavors nicely.
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes: These add some crunch and texture to the fat bombs. They also enhance the coconut flavor and make them look pretty.
To make these fat bombs, follow these simple steps:
- In a large bowl, mix the cream cheese, coconut oil, coconut flour, granular sweetener, lemon zest, lemon juice, and vanilla until well combined. You can use a hand mixer or a spatula to do this.
- Fold in the coconut flakes with a spatula until they are evenly distributed in the mixture.
- Scoop out about a tablespoon of the mixture and roll it into a ball with your hands. Repeat with the rest of the mixture until you have about 20 balls.
- Place the balls on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or in mini muffin liners. Refrigerate for at least an hour or freeze for 15 minutes until they are firm.
- Enjoy your delicious lemon and coconut fat bombs!
You can store these fat bombs in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week or in the freezer for up to a month. You can eat them straight from the fridge or freezer, or let them soften slightly at room temperature before eating.
I love having these fat bombs as a snack or dessert whenever I need something sweet and satisfying. They always hit the spot and keep me on track with my keto diet.
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do. They are so easy to make and so delicious to eat, you won’t regret making them!
For more keto recipes, subscribe and get a free eBook!